domingo, 5 de octubre de 2014

REFLECTION ON THE LAICAL DIMENSION OF THE NAZARETH SPIRITUALITY

How I was led by the Nazareth spirit?

Two significant changes have happened to me since I became an LJ: 

First, it has made me aware of my mission in the Church. I became aware that, like the clergy and the religious, I have also an important and irreplaceable role to play in the church. I realized that the Church will not succeed in its mission unless the laity, who comprises the majority member of the Church, is activated. Thanks to Lay Josephine!

Second, I see work differently now. Before, I just see work as a means of livelihood. Now, I see God in my work. I have become aware that work is a participation in the creative, redemptive, and transformative work of God. This awareness of God’s presence in work inspires and motivates me to work well, knowing that the quality of my work reflects the quality of my love for God. Oh, how the world of work will change if only it is animated by the spirit of Nazareth. Thanks to SSJ!


Lay dimension                                           

Is there a difference in the way the charism is lived out by a Lay Josephine and by a Sierva de San Jose? Does the charism have a unique lay dimension? I believe there is only a difference in the manner of the living out of the charism, but essentially the LJ and the SSJ, being animated by the same spirit, share the same mission.

On the part of the SSJ’s, the Talleres de Nazareth is one of their evangelical responses in the world of work dominated by exploitation, greed, and materialism. The LJ, on the other hand, should also present the same response, but not by setting up their own Talleres, but by transforming their own work places into a “little Talleres de Nazareth,” thus making it God’s special presence.  

I believe that if there is one great project that the Lay Josephine must do, it is this: to “LJ-nize” the world! It is only by “LJ-nizing” the world that the ripple of Nazareth widens its effects and thus, following the admonition of Christ, makes all nations His disciples.

I am, indeed, privileged and happy to be a Laico Josefino!


Norlito A. Deligero, Philippines

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

1. escribe en el espacio que dice "introduce tu comentario",
2. en "comentar como" pincha para elegir; nombre/URL,
3. en la ventana que sale escribe en "nombre" el nombre con que quieres identificarte. No pongas nada en URL
4. pincha en "continuar" y a continuación en publicar. ¡LISTO!